Progress on the Frankenboard continues steadily. Two days ago the rails were glued on, shaped, and the tail added on. Yesterday the cheater coat was put on, and the final sanding done. This morning I decided to add threaded inserts to the rails as well, so that the option to change the rail contours in the tail exists.
Of course I added some details to the board, a black abalone fish inlay in the tail, and Paua shell (I found in New Zealand) inlays in the nose. Sea urchins found at Andrew Molera State Park are inlayed in knots that fell out, and the vent plug has a brass ring and nails resembling a port hole from a ship. Fun stuff.
The board is being glassed with Entropy Super Sap 100/1000 Bio Resin.
Shaped by Martijn